This contest is only open to children in kindergarten (including transitional kindergarten) through 5th grade. In order to be eligible, your child must go to school in or live in Clinton County. This contest will be completely online, and only donations made online will count for the contest. Whichever child raises the most money ($1=1 vote) in each age division will win that age division and the prizes that go with it. No prizes will be awarded to any groups for group costumes. This is an individual costume contest.
All proceeds raised will go to United Way of Clinton County, Iowa. 99% of funds raised by UWCCI stay in Clinton County, funding local agency programs like YWCA, Scouts, Skyline, Imagination Library, Clinton Reads. This is a great way to teach your child the importance of making a positive impact on their community. The contest is open NOW until Tuesday, November 5, 2019 at 8:00 P.M.
The winner of each age division will receive a $100 gift card donated by a local financial institution, 4 tickets to a Clinton Lumberkings baseball game next season, and the opportunity to throw out the first pitch at a Clinton Lumberkings game next season. (Date of game to be determined.) In case of a tie in any particular age division, a name will be drawn out of a hat to determine a winner. There are only enough prizes for 1 winner in each of the 6 age divisions. Thank you to the following organizations for donating the prizes: Clinton Lumberkings, 1st Gateway Credit Union, Ascentra Credit Union, Citizens First Bank, Clinton National Bank, First Central State Bank, and Sterling Federal Bank.
1. Enter the web address below that corresponds to your child’s grade in school.
- Kindergarten & Transitional Kindergarten: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/kindergarten-transitional-kindergarten-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
- 1st Grade: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/1st-grade-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
- 2nd Grade: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/2nd-grade-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
- 3rd Grade: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/3rd-grade-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
- 4th Grade: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/4th-grade-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
- 5th Grade: https://secure.givelively.org/donate/united-way-of-clinton-county-iowa/5th-grade-united-way-of-clinton-county-halloween-costume-contest
2. Click on the button that says “I Want To Fundraise For This”.
3. Enter your child’s name as you would like it to appear on their fundraising page.
4. Enter your (parent/guardian) email. You’ll need a different email address/login for each child you are signing up.
5. Create a password for your account, and click the “Submit” button.
6. (Optional) Add a note. This can be a short message as to why you’re fundraising for United Way in this contest.
7. (Optional) Enter fundraising goal.
8. Under Profile Image, click on “Upload new image”. Upload a picture of your child in their Halloween costume, and click “Save”.
9. Under Hero Image, click on “Your Image” and then on “Upload new image”. Here you can upload the same image you used for your profile or use another picture of your child in their costume. Click “Save”.
10. This will bring you to your child’s own fundraising page. You can click “Donate” on this page, and your child will receive credit for that donation for the contest.
11. We recommend clicking “SHARE THIS PAGE” to share your child’s page on Facebook and Twitter so your friends and family can vote for your child in the costume contest by donating. You can also copy the link to use in a text message or email. Your donors must donate through your child’s unique page to get credit for the contest.
12. Good luck, and have fun with it!