Focus: Health and Wellness
Good health is an essential ingredient for individual success and a thriving community. Healthy kids are more likely to succeed in school. Healthy adults are more likely to remain self sufficient when they can go to work. The whole community will flourish when all of our residents have access to public parks, playgrounds, healthy foods and quality healthcare. We are committed to more than short-term charity for a few; we are committed to lasting solutions that build opportunity for all.
United Way funds programs, especially for low-income individuals and families, that promote healthy behaviors and activities, and creates a community that promotes good health for everybody. Everybody needs:
- Access to health care
- Healthy beginnings
- Healthy eating and physical activity
Kids need to keep busy through the summer. They need to be involved in programs that allow them to grow and develop into physically, emotionally and intellectually strong individuals. Check out these programs that offer quality, supervised programs while school is out.
Check out these Summer Kids Programs
2019 CTC Adventure Zones Summer Day Camp at Clinton Parks and Recreation Department:
Fee = $90/week - discounts for multiple children per family. Call 563-243-1260 to register or for more information. Scholarships available. 7:00 am to 5:30 pm.
- July 29 - August 2: Super Heroes - Celebrate our heroes, from comic books to real life heroes. Field trip to be announced
- August 5 - August 9: Decades of Music - Music will be celebrated (Mon/50's, Tues/60's, Wed/70's, Thur/80's, Fri/90's. Field trip to be announced.
- August 12- August 16: Anything Goes! - Campers decide the activities from favorite themes of the summer.
- August 19 - August 22: Wacky Water - Spending the week at the pool
Reading Programs: Reading regularly is also important to avoid the "summer slump," when kids skills slide because they aren't using them. We all neeed to "use it or lose it!". All it takes is reading15 minutes a day.
Clinton Public Library:
CLICK HERE for fun sites for kids