United Way is a not for profit organization that focuses solely on the community and provides funding for agencies in a time of need. Our unique ability to work across complex issues with hundreds of community partners is unmatched. Listed below are the volunteer opportunities:
Big Brothers Big Sisters of Clinton Volunteer Opportunities
- A male who would want to be a mentor to an area child.
- A female who would want to be a mentor to an area child.
- Couples 18 and over who would want to be a mentor to an area child.
We ask them to commit to an hour or two a week for at least a year.
Contact Peggy at 563/243-4223.
Big Brothers Big Sisters matches at-risk children and youth with adult volunteers to provide positive guidance and school-based support.
Clinton County Special Athletes Volunteer Opportunities
- Bowling Team Sport Volunteers, May
- Softball Team Sport Volunteers, June - July
- Flag Football Team Sport Volunteers, late Aug. - mid Oct.
- Basketball Team Sport Volunteers, Nov. - mid March
We ask for devoted volunteers.
Please contact John Christensen at 563/321-2110.
Clinton County Special Athletes provides sporting events for individuals with disabilities and special needs.
YWCA-Clinton Volunteer Opportunities
- Maintenance Help Volunteers
- Landscaping Volunteers
- Volunteers for Trash Pickup
- Aquatics Department Volunteers to assist our swim instructors with swim lessons. These volunteers would be trained to assist group lesson instructors primarily with preschool-age children that would enjoy for extra attention and practice time.
- Apply online at http://ywcaclinton..org/mission-volunteer.html or stop by the Clinton YWCA. Volunteer applications are available at the front desk.
Questions? Contact Shannon Sander-Welzien at 563/242-2110 extension 101.
The YWCA of Clinton provides programming for youth, seniors and special needs individuals. The child care and educational program provides child care for ages six weeks to 11-years-old as well. A second shift day care is also available. The YWCA also provides Women's Transitional Housing, a Domestic Violence Program and Membership Scholarships.